With Brielle going into Kindergarten this year, we knew that we wanted to move to East Cobb for the great public schools. We had been casually looking for the past couple years but at the end of 2018 we hired our realtor and got serious.
By this point we had already seen a lot of properties on our own and knew exactly what we were looking for. The criteria we were looking for:
- Dickerson Middle School district (that feeds into Walton High School). All of the Dickerson feeder elementary schools have great reputations: Sope Creek, East Side, Mt. Bethel, and Timber Ridge
- 5+ bedrooms with a basement (same as our current house)
- Swim/Tennis community on a low traffic street or culdesac
- Great yard for the kids to run around in and play
- A screened in deck/porch would be a bonus
When this house came on the market we quickly made an offer (along with 3 others) but luckily our offer won and we went under contract. The only downside to this house, was that the seller wanted to close on April 30th and then wanted a temporary occupancy through May as she had a graduating senior from Walton. Not an ideal situation but we were willing to make the compromise for this house.
We closed on April 30th as planned and then started working on selling 6101 Queens River Drive! We officially got the keys on May 22nd and started moving the boxes until the movers did all the furniture on June 1st.